KIDS SUMO SUITS
Sumo wrestling suits are great fun at birthday parties, corporate events or any event.
All you need is a 4m x 4m area!
You can actually run a mini competition at your special event or birthday party.
If you need help Marjo Jumping will set it up and supervise the Sumo Wrestling!
HOW IT WORKS
Pairs play-off against each other in heats with winners moving to the next round until two finalists emerge. These two play it out for the “Sumo Champion” title. Heats can be grouped by age, gender or other means such as your party/event theme.
Two team’s are created and a member of each team battles it out in a Sumo match. Each game winner (there are 3 games to a bout) receives a point. The team with the highest score at the end is declared the winner.
KING or QUEEN OF THE MAT
The winner of the bout keeps playing until beaten. If someone can beat everyone in the competition they are pronounced “Sumo Champion” – Ideal for smaller competitive groups.
1. Competitors each start (apart) on opposite ends of the circle facing each other.
2. The referee will signal the competitors to begin and the competition will end in one of two ways:
• Get your opponent outside the circle – The contest ends when one of the contestants is outside of the circle.
• Forcing opponent to the mat inside the circle – The contest ends when one of the contestants makes contact inside the circle with any part of their body except the feet.
3. The competitor who wins two or more bouts out of the three games will win the match.
4. The referee’s decision is final. His/her interpretation of the rules during the game is final.
MARJO JUMPING KIDS SUMO SUITS
To ensure the safety of participants our Sumo Suits are filled with foam, not air. All materials are flame retardant. The design of the suits means they are quick and easy to get on and off. Simply pop over the players head and lowered down so the hands and feet are visible. They have a specially designed safety hat which protects the head and is fastened with tough Velcro under the chin. Players MUST only compete on the 3.6m square padded mat supplied with the sumo suits.
To avoid injury players MUST only play on this padded mat, if a player comes off the padded mat the wrestling activity MUST be stopped and players MUST go back to their starting positions in accordance with the rules.
As per Marjo Jumping procedures our Sumo Suits are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each and every use.